University of Massachusetts
160 Governors Drive
Amherst, MA 01003-2210
B.Sc., University of Seville, 1993;
M.Sc., Northwestern University, 1994;
Ph.D., Northwestern University, 1997
Logistics and supply chain management
- Chan, L.A., A. Muriel and D. Simchi-Levi (1998), Machine Scheduling, Linear Programming and List Scheduling Heuristics. Operations Research 46, Number 5, pp. 729-741.
- Chan, L. M. A., A. Muriel, Z. J. Shen and D. Simchi-Levi (2003), On the Effectiveness of Zero-Inventory Ordering Policies for Economic Lot-Sizing Models with Piece-Wise Linear Cost Structures. Operations Research 50, Number 6, pp. 1058-1067.
- Chan, L. M. A., A. Muriel, Z. J. Shen, D. Simchi-Levi, and C. P. Teo (2003), Effectiveness of Zero Inventory Ordering Policies for a One-Warehouse Multi-Retailer Problem With Piecewise Linear Cost Structures. Management Science 48, Number 11, pp.1446-1460.
- Muriel, A. and F. Munshi (2004), Capacitated Multicommodity Network Flows with Piecewise Linear Concave Costs. IIE Transactions 36, Number 7 / July 2004, pp. 683 - 696.
- Bish, E, A. Muriel and S. Biller (2005), Managing Flexible Capacity in a Make-to-Order Environment. Management Science 51, Number 2, 167-180.
- NSF CAREER Award, 2002