210A Marston Hall
University of Massachusetts
160 Governors Drive
Amherst, MA 01003-2210
B.S.E., Princeton University, 1987;
M.S., Stanford University, 1989;
Ph.D., Stanford University, 1994
Turbulence Modeling; Computational Fluid Dynamics; Numerical Methods; Supercomputers & Parallel Computation; Droplets, Hydrophobic Surfaces, and Micro Flows
- J. B. Perot & J. Gadebusch, A Self-adapting Turbulence Model for Flow Simulation at any Mesh Resolution, Physics of Fluids, 19 (11), 115105, 2007.
- J. B. Perot, D. Vidovic and P. Wesseling, Mimetic Reconstruction of Vectors, Compatible Spatial Discretizations, IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications, Volume 142: Editors: D. N. Arnold, P. B. Bochev, R. B. Lehoucq, R. A. Nicolaides, and M. Shashkov, Springer, New York, pp 173-188, 2006.www.ima.umn.edu/springer/description.html.
- J. B. Perot & C. Chartrand, Modeling Return to Isotropy Using Kinetic Equations, Physics of Fluids. 17 (3), 2005.
- J. Ou, J. B. Perot and J. Rothstein, Laminar Drag Reduction in Microchannels Using Ultrahydrophobic Surfaces, Physics of Fluids, 16 (12), 4635-4643. 2004.
- J. B. Perot & R. Nallapati, A Moving Unstructured Staggered Mesh Method for the Simulation of Incompressible Free-Surface Flows, Journal of Computational Physics,184, 192-214, 2003.
- J.M. Burgers Visiting Professor, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 2003-2004
- Lilly Fellowship, Center for Teaching, 2002-2003.
- Joseph Goldstein Award for Outstanding Junior Faculty, University of Massachusetts, 2002.
- College Outstanding Teacher Award, University of Massachusetts, 2002.
- College Outstanding Advisor Award, University of Massachusetts, 2000.