David P. Schmidt
210B Marston Hall
University of Massachusetts
160 Governors Drive
Amherst, MA 01003-2210
B.S., North Carolina State University, 1992;
M.S., Stanford University, 1993;
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1997
Sprays, cavitation, and other multiphase flows
- Sandeep Menon, Kyle G. Mooney, David P. Schmidt, “Parallel Adaptive Simplical Re-Meshing for Deforming Domain Computations,” Computers and Fluids, in review, 2012.
- Thomas Furlong and David P. Schmidt, “A Comparison of Homogenous and Separated Flow Assumptions for Adiabatic Capillary Flow,” Applied Thermal Engineering, 48, 186-193, 2012.
- Nathaniel Trask , David P. Schmidt, Malissa D.A. Lightfoot, Stephen A. Danczyk, “Compressible Modeling of the Internal Two-Phase Flow in a Gas-Centered Swirl Coaxial Fuel Injector,” J. Propulsion and Power, 28(4), 685-693, 2012.
- Andrew R. Teixeira, Kyle G. Mooney, Jacob S. Kruger, C. Luke Williams, Wieslaw J. Suszynski, Lanny D. Schmidt, David P. Schmidt, Paul J. Dauenhauer, “Aerosol Generation by Reactive Boiling Ejection of Molten Cellulose,” Energy & Environmental Science, 4 (10), 4306 – 4321, 2011.
- Kshitij Neroorkar and David P. Schmidt, “Simulation of Flash-Boiling in Pressure Swirl Injectors,” Atomization and Sprays, 21 (2), 179–188, 2011.
- Sandeep Menon and David P. Schmidt, “Supermesh construction for conservative interpolation on unstructured meshes: An extension to cell-centered finite-volume variables,” Comput. Methods Appl. Mech. Engrg. 200(41-44), 2797–2804, 2011.
- Michael Colarossi, Nathaniel Trask, David P. Schmidt, Mark J. Bergander, “Multidimensional Modeling of Two-Phase Condensing Ejector Flow,” Int. J. of Refrigeration, in press, 2011.
- Kshitij Neroorkar and David P. Schmidt, “Modeling of Vapor-Liquid Equilibrium of Gasoline-Ethanol Blended Fuels for Flash Boiling Simulations,” Fuel, 90(2), 665-673, 2010.
- D. P. Schmidt, S. Gopalakrishnan, H. Jasak, “Multidimensional Simulation of Thermal Non-Equilibrium Channel Flow,” Intl. J. of Multiphase Flow, 36, 284-292, 2010.
- Shaoping Quan, David Schmidt, Jinsong Hua, Jing Lou, “A numerical study of the relaxation and breakup of an elongated drop in a viscous liquid,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 640, 237 - 266,2009.
- Shaoping Quan , Jing Lou, David P. Schmidt, “Modeling Merging and Breakup in the Moving Mesh Interface Tracking Method for Multiphase Flow Simulations,” Journal of Computational Physics, 228(7), 2009.
- J. Lee, R. Madabhushi, C. Fotache, S. Gopalakrishnan, and D. Schmidt, “Flashing Flow of Superheated Jet Fuel,” Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, 32(2), 2009.
- Ralph R. Teetor Educational Award, Society of Automotive Engineering, 2009.
- Awarded Fellowship by the Institute for Advanced Studies, University of Bologna, 2006.
- Best Paper in Conference, ASME Internal Combustion Engine Division, 2003.
- College of Engineering Commencement Speaker, 2003.
- Student-selected Mechanical Engineering Professor of the Year, 2003.
- Student-selected Mechanical Engineering Advisor of the Year, 2003.
- Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Award, 2002.