J. MacGregor Smith
111B Marston Hall
University of Massachusetts
160 Governors Drive
Amherst, MA 01003-2210
B.Arch., University of California at Berkeley, 1968;
M.Arch., University of California at Berkeley, 1969;
Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1978
Topological network design; facility layout and location; stochastic network design and analysis
- Facilities Planning and Design. Pearson Prentice-Hall: New Jersey, 2008, ISBN 0-13-148191-6. with Alberto Garcia-Diaz.
- Steiner Minimal Trees, Twist Angles, and the Protein Folding Problem. Proteins: Structure, Function and Bioinformatics 66. 889-902 (2007). with Yunho Jang and Moon Kim.
- Optimal Buffer Allocation in Finite Closed Networks with Multiple Servers. Computers and Operations Research. Volume 35, Issue 8, August 2008, Pages 2579-2598, with Mustafa Yuzukirmizi.
- Approximate Analysis of M/G/c/c State Dependent Queueing Networks.Computers and Operations Research 34. 2332-2344 (2007), with Frederico Cruz.
- A Customer Threshold Property for Closed Finite Queueing Networks. Performance Evaluation Vol. 63, Númbers. 4-5 (2006), 463-492. with Mustafa Yuzukirmizi.
- IE Professor of the Year Award 2005,2006,2007
- Best Paper Award, IIE Transactions on Manufacturing Systems (2004-2005) with Frederico Cruz