Jonathan P. Rothstein
16 Gunness Lab
University of Massachusetts
160 Governors Drive
Amherst, MA 01003-2210
B.S., The Cooper Union, 1996;
M.S., Harvard University, 1998;
Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2001
Dynamics of complex fluids; Non-Newtonian fluid dynamics; non-isothermal flow; hydrodynamics stability; optical measurement techniques; microfluidics; laminar and turbulent drag redution; rheology and polymer processing
- Rothstein, J. P., "Transient extensional rheology of wormlike micelle solutions," J. Rheol., 47 (2003) 1227-1247.
- Ou, J., Perot, J. B., and Rothstein, J. P., "Laminar drag reduction in microchannels using ultrahydrophobic surfaces," Phys. Fluids, 16 (2004)4635-4660.
- Miller, E., and Rothstein, J. P., "Transient evolution of shear banding in wormlike micelle solutions," J. Non-Newtonian Fluid Mech., 143 (2007) 22-37.
- Daniello, R., Waterhouse, N. E., and Rothstein, J. P., "Turbulent drag reduction using superhydrophobic surfaces," Phys. Fluids, 21 (2009) 085103.
- Rothstein, J. P., "Slip on Superhydrophobic Surfaces," Annu. Rev.Fluid Mech., 42 (2010) 89-109.
Mulligan, M., and Rothstein, J. P., "Deformation and breakup of micro- and nano-particle stabilized droplets in microfluidic extensional flows," Langmuir, 27 (2011) 9760-9768.