University of Massachusetts
160 Governors Drive
Amherst, MA 01003-2210
B.S., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1960;
S.M., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1962;
Sc.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1964
Electron probe microanalyzer, scanning electron microscope, and analytical electron microscope for application to problems in materials science and engineering
- "Future Directions of X-ray Microanalysis in the Analytical Electron Microscope," J. I. Goldstein, Proceedings 5th Asia-Pacific Electron Microscopy Conference, Beijing, China, ed. K. H. Kuo and Z. H. Zhai, World Scientific Publishing, Singapore, China, 138-141 (1992).
- "Definition of the Spatial Resolution of X-ray Microanalysis in Thin Foils," D. B. Williams, J. R. Michael, J. I. Goldstein, and A. D. Romig, Jr., Ultramicroscopy, 47, 121-132 (1992).
- "The Application of High-Resolution SEM and EPMA to the Study of Coatings and Interfaces of Materials," J. I. Goldstein, Proceedings 51st Annual Meeting Microscopy Society of America, ed. G. W. Bailey and C. L. Rieder, San Francisco Press, San Francisco, CA., 848-849 (1993).
- "The Influence of Oxide Surface Layers on Bulk Electron Probe Microanalysis of Oxygen-Application to Ti-Si-O Compounds," J. I. Goldstein, S. K. Choi, F. J. J. van Loo, H. J. M. Heijligers, G. F. Bastin, and W. G. Sloof, Scanning, Vol. 15, 165-170 (1993).
- "The microstructure and formation of duplex and black plessite in iron meteorites," J. Zhang, D.B. Williams, and J. I. Goldstein, Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, Vol. 57, 3725-3735 (1993).
- Recipient of the 1999 Henry Clifton Sorby Award of the International Metallographic Society
- Fellow of the American Society of Metals