University of Massachusetts
160 Governors Drive
Amherst, MA 01003-2210
B.M.E., University of Wisconsin, 1963;
M.S., University of California at Berkeley, 1965;
Ph.D., University of California at Berkeley, 1968
Mechanical behavior of brittle materials
- S. Widjaja, K. Jakus, R. Atri, J. E. Ritter, and S. Bhattacharya, "Residual Surface Stress by Localized Contact-Creep," J. Mater. Res., 12  210-17 (1997).
- J. E. Webb, K. Jakus, and J. E. Ritter, "High Temperature Bridging in a Vitreous Bonded Alumina," J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 80  509-12 (1997).
- S. Widjaja, K. Jakus, and J. E. Ritter, "Influence of R-Curve Behavior on Strength Degradation Due to Hertzian Indentation," J. Mat. Sci., 31, 2379-84 (1996).
- J. E. Webb, K. Jakus, and J. E. Ritter, "R-Curve and Subcritical Crack Growth Behavior at Elevated Temperatures in Coarse Grain Alumina," Acta Metallurgica et Materialia, 44  2259-64 (1996).
- K. Jakus, J. E. Ritter, R. Atri, and S. Widjaja, "Creep-Induced Strengthening of Soda-Lime Glass and Silicon Nitride," Ceram. Engr. Sci. Proc., 17  421-29 (1996).