1 Gunness Lab
University of Massachusetts
160 Governors Drive
Amherst, MA 01003-2210
B.S.E., University of Michigan, 1980;
M.S.E., University of Michigan, 1982;
Ph.D., University of Michigan, 1986
System identification, parameter estimation, and health monitoring
- K. Danai and H. Chin, 1991, "Fault Diagnosis with Process Uncertainty,'' ASME J. of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Vol. 113, No. 3, pp. 339-343.
- R. Ivester, K. Danai, and S. Malkin, 1997, "Cycle Time Reduction in Machining by Recursive Constraint Bounding, ASME J. of Manufacturing Science and Eng., 1997, Vol. 119, No. 2, pp. 201-207.
- V. B. Jammu, K. Danai, and D. G. Lewicki, 1998, "Structure-Based Connectionist Network for Fault Diagnosis of Helicopter Gearboxes,'' ASME J. of Mechanical Design, March 1998, Vol. 120, No. 1, pp. 100-105.
- K. Wang, D. Yang, K. Danai, and D. G. Lewicki, 1998, "Model-Based Selection of Accelerometer Locations for Helicopter Gearbox Monitoring,'' J. of American Helicopter Society, Vol. 44, No. 4, pp. 269-275.
- S. Wang, K. Danai, and M. Wilson, 2005, "An Adaptive Method of Helicopter Track and Balance,'' ASME J. of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Vol. 127, No. 2, pp. 275-282.
- K. Danai, and J. R. McCusker, 2009, ``Parameter Estimation by Parameter Signature Isolation in the Time-Scale Domain,'' ASME J. of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Vol. 131, No. 4, 041008. Available online at http://dx.doi.org/10.1115/1.3117197
- Danai, K. Civjan, S. A., and Styckiewicz, M. M., 2012, ``Direct Method of Damage Localization for Civil Structures via Shape Comparison of Dynamic Response Measurements,'' Computers and Structures, Vol. 92-93, pp. 297-307 . Available on-line at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruc.2011.10.016
- Simmons, J. C., and Danai, K., 2012, "In-Flight Isolation of Degraded Engine Components by Shape Comparison of Transient Outputs" ASME Trans. on Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, Vol. 134, No. 6, 061602, pp. 1 -11. Available on-line at http://dx.doi.org/10.1115/1.4005814