University of Massachusetts
160 Governors Drive
Amherst, MA 01003-2210
B.S., Indian Institute of Technology, 1982;
M.S., University of Pennsylvania, 1984;
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin, 1989
Simulation & Modeling-based Design; Engineering Knowledge Management; Design Innovation
- Paul Witherell, Sundar Krishnamurty, Ian Grosse and Jack Wileden, "Improved Knowledge Management through First-Order Logic in Engineering Design Ontologies," Artificial Intelligence for Engineering Design, Analysis and Manufacturing, Volume 24, pp 245-257, 2010.
- Justin Rockwell, Sundar Krishnamurty, Ian Grosse, and Jack Wileden, “Integrating Distributed Design Information in Decision-based Design,” The Art and Science Behind Successful Product Launches, Ed. N. R. Srinivasan and J. Cafeo, Springer Publisher, ISBN: 9048128595. 2009.
- Rui Fernandes, Ian Grosse, Sundar Krishnamurty, Paul Witherell, and Jack Wileden, "Semantic Methods Supporting Engineering Design Innovation," Advanced Engineering Informatics, Volume 25, Issue 2, Pages 185-192, 2011.
- Tiefu Shao and Sundar Krishnamurty, “A Clustering-based Surrogate Model Updating Approach to Simulation-based Engineering Design,” ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 130, pp.1-13, 2008.
- Brian Mullen, Tina Champagne, Sundar Krishnamurty, Debra Dickson and Robert Gao, “Exploring the Safety and Therapeutic Effects of Deep Pressure Stimulation using a Weighted Blanket,” Journal of Occupational Therapy and Mental Health, Vol. 24-01, pp: 65–89, 2008.
- Sundar Krishnamurty, “Normative Decision Analysis in Engineering Design,” Decision Making in Engineering Design, Ed. K. Lewis, W. Chen and L. Schmidt, ASME Press, Ch. 4, pp. 21-35, 2006.
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Associate Editor, ASME Journal of Mechanisms & Robotics
- Editorial Board Member, The Scientific World Journal, Mechanical Engineering Section
- Site-Director, NSF-I/UCRC Center for e-Design
- Finalist, 2006 Olympus Innovation Award, National Collegiate Inventors and Innovators Alliance
- Certificates of Appreciation, Massachusetts Association of Occupational Therapists
- Leadership Award, MIE Industrial Advisory Board
- In the News: Portable Seatbelt & Deep pressure Vest, CNN, Boston Globe, USA Today, National Public Radio, and several Regional, National, and International News Outlets