The Master of Science in Engineering Management (MSEM) is a 10-course professional degree program offered by the College of Engineering in collaboration with The Isenberg School of Management. As an academic partner of the American Society for Engineering Management (ASEM), the UMass Amherst MSEM is designed for the STEM professional to develop their project, people, and/or process leadership abilities through an engineering lens.
A Flexible Degree
- Flexible format: fully online, fully on-campus, blended.
- Flexible curriculum: wide selection of technical and management courses, independent studies and industry practicum opportunities to best match your career goals!
- Flexible schedule: spring, summer, fall and winter course offerings.
- Not ready to dive in? Start as a non-degree student with just one course, or with the stackable 3-course Graduate Certificate in Engineering Project Management and Leadership (PML)
Life-Long Skills to Put your Career on the Fast-Track
The industry-driven curriculum equips students with:
- Systems thinking and a broad perspective to develop innovative, robust solutions;
- Analytics tools to support decision making and manage risk;
- People, project, and budget management skills; and
- The critical communication and leadership skills to deliver technologies from concept all the way to consumer hands.
Our dedicated career services staff will help students every step of the way in preparing for various career paths and accessing job opportunities.
Get started by signing up for our job board platform, Handshake!
“A particular focus of our program is equipping our students with the critical communications skills, emotional intelligence abilities, and ethical perspectives to effectively and equitably lead and innovate within emerging engineering and technological contexts.” — Woodrow W. Winchester, III, Inaugural MSEM Director
For full details, go to the MSEM Programs page.
"The MSEM program has jump started my ability to target pockets of opportunity, small and large, in the last mile delivery field.." --Moriah Connoly"The MSEM degree was a good fit for me because it was an interdisciplinary and flexible program that would prepare me for a leadership role at any company. ” —Paola Santiago"In just over a year the program has helped me go from entry level engineering to managing system installations in a production facility.” — Nathan Young
Ana Muriel, PhD, Acting Director of Engineering Management
Faculty Advisor for all MSEM students.
For more information on the UMass Amherst Master of Science in Engineering Management degree, contact Caanin Manson, 413-545-1537, firstname.lastname@example.org.