Accelerate your career with our Post Graduate Program (PGP) in Agile in partnership with Simplilearn, which provides you the tools and knowledge to innovate faster and better, and succeed in real-world agile projects.
This Post Graduate Program in Agile, designed in collaboration with Simplilearn, will prepare you for a career in agile product development. Through Simplilearn's proven blended learning curriculum of live-online, on-demand, project-based learning, interactive labs, and 24/7 support, you will learn state-of-the-art approaches that prepare you to lead successful agile projects and deliver improved product offerings by integrating DevOps and Design Thinking with Agile Project Management philosophy.
Students complete 7 courses, with a mix of asynchronous and synchronous sessions, industry relevant projects and capstone, and monthly master classes by UMass Amherst College of Engineering faculty members.
Key Features Include:
- A joint UMass Amherst-Simplilearn certificate of completion
- Membership in the UMass Amherst Alumni Association
- Once accepted into the UMass Amherst Master of Science in Engineering Management (MSEM), Simplilearn curriculum coursework transfers as a 3-credit elective
- Masterclasses from top faculty of the University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Interactive peer learning through group projects and discussions
- 156+ hours of applied learning
- Three phase-end projects and one capstone project
- Agile management
- Product development
- Product management
- Project risk management
- Scrum practices
- Design thinking
This Post Graduate Program in Agile is in collaboration with Simplilearn. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, Simplilearn provides highly effective online training across a range of information technology and software disciplines. In its ten-year history, Simplilearn has helped over one million professionals and 1,000 companies across 150 countries get trained, acquire certifications, and reach their business and career goals.
Once students complete the specified coursework with Simplilearn, they are eligible for the following benefits:
- Alumni status from the University of Massachusetts Amherst, which provides a 10% discount on the MSEM Online program. Cost per credit for Online MSEM courses, with discount, is $540.
- Simplilearn graduates complete three courses in the management core, three courses in the technical core, and three electives to complete the MSEM program
- Once accepted into the MSEM program, Simplilearn curriculum coursework transfers as a 3-credit elective track
- A dedicated advisor specifically trained to work with Simplilearn students
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: How do I apply to the Simplilearn Post Graduate Program in Agile?
A: All interested candidates are required to apply through the online application form.
Q: How long is the Simplilearn program?
A: The Post Graduate Program in Agile will take 6 months at 5-10hrs per week.
Q: What will I receive after completing the Simplilearn coursework?
A: Upon successful completion of this program, you will be awarded a Post Graduate Program in Agile certificate of completion by the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
Q: Is the PGP Agile a degree? How to use the transferrable credits?
A: The postgraduate program in Agile is not deemed a degree or diploma and cannot be compared with a full university degree. However, this program offers a pathway to the Master in Engineering Management (MSEM) program at the College of Engineering at UMass Amherst. The PGP in Agile transfers to the MSEM as a 3-credit elective course. That means, the participants who have completed the PGP Agile complete an additional 9 courses (27 credits), including 3 core management courses, 3 core technical courses and 3 elective courses.
Q: Once I complete the Simplilearn coursework, what do I need to do to apply to the MSEM program?
A: You can view the UMass MSEM program page for more information, including deadline dates, requirements and a link to initiate the application process. When applying, choose ‘Engineering Management' in the degree field and enter 'Simplilearn' in the specialty field.
Q: Who do I contact at Simplilearn for more information?
A: You can reach a Simplilearn program advisor by calling 1-844-532-7688 toll free.
Q: Who do I contact at the College of Engineering for more information?
A: For more information on the UMass Amherst Master of Science in Engineering Management degree, contact Caanin Manson, 413-545 1537, firstname.lastname@example.org.