MIE Poster FAQ
- Poster Size* - Posters for class presentations are generally 24" x 36". In PowerPoint, click the design tab, slide size, custom size and enter the dimnesions, for Publisher, click the page design tab, size, create new page size. Posters may be portrait or landscape.
- File Format - PowerPoint works well, as does Publisher. PDFs, Photoshop, Illustrator, and OpenOffice files are fine as well. Do not use Word as you cannot set the page size large enough and it does not scale well.
- Margins - you do not need to consider margins, the poster will be scaled to fit the paper.
- When do you need it by? Posters should be submitted 24 hours in advance, (weekends don't count) unless otherwise directed by your professor.
- Email your file to firstname.lastname@example.org, Please put your course number in the subject line. I will let you know when it will be ready. You may pick it up in my office which is in the MIE Exploratorium, room 203 Elab. I do not make appointments to print posters.
- If you wish to use any University logos, check out the UMass University Relations graphic identity site - http://www.umass.edu/brand/wordmarks-seal-and-spirit-marks
- I do not provide a ready made template for posters.
- I do not have tubes for transporting posters.
- If you are an engineering student and need a poster printed for a non MIE class rates are as follows: $15.00 for 24" x 36", $20.00 for 36" x 48". You may pay the fee here.
*I have 36" and 42" wide paper. Posters should have one dimension that matches one of those, the paper is on a roll, so the other dimension is flexible. For example you may have a poster that is 36" x 48" or 42" by 60".